Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Book

My friend came to my house last night with a book on her hand.
My eyes were attracted by a provocative book cover.
It's little bit naughty.
Once I picked up the book, voila!
"The Best American Erotica 2003".
I flipped it cover, read the back cover, and was proved right.
The sex topic has here been so interestingly, creatively and marveleously package.

'straight, bisexual, or gay; dominant or submassive; kinky or just curious, you're sure to be turned on by the steamiest Best American Erotica ever' - Quote from Susie Bright.

I read the book instantly.
Basically, this book is compilation of erotic short stories written by well-known authors such as Jill Soloway ( remember HBO's Six Feet Under ? ) and Chuck Palahniuk ( Fight Club ).
When I say erotic stories, I really mean SEX; heavy duty bondage and leather, ivory and ebony mixes, young and old, fisting and plenty more besides.
Stuff that is guaranteed to cause arousal, whatever one's sexual orientations are.

The book starts with an introduction and Q&A with the Best American Erotica authors but I didn't waste my time with that and jumped directly to the main course.
The first story 'The Baby Sitter' is about a cheating husband who gets busted by his wife while doing the baby sitter ( did I mention she's young and blonde ? ).
Obviously she is soon replaced by a five foot ten girl, weighing close to two hundred pounds with a Mohawk haircut and six earrings. This time the wife has all the fun.
But my favorite tale is written by Mel Smith and is called, 'Nasty'.
It's about gay stories, hmmm...it's so sexy.

Over all, the book has succeeded in showing me that speaking about sex is not something to be frowned upon. It is a natural feeling and need that is shared by all of God's creatures.
However...as human beings, we can all choose our own methods and modes of sexual expression.